A tasty savoury cracker packed with fibre and protein to keep the body energised. A great source of omega 3 fats these are delicious served with dips or as an accompaniment to a soup or salad.
- Makes 15 crackers
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 150g whole flaxseed
- 60g mixed seeds
- 100g cooked sweetcorn drained
- 50g Alver Golden Chlorella
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or garlic salt
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1tbsp oil (use the oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, Gas 3 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and whiz until the mixture starts to come together.
- Scrape down the sides to make sure all the seeds are blended.
- Spread the mixture on to the prepared baking sheet and, using damp hands, spread it to form a rectangle about 1cm/1/2in thick (approximately 30cm by 20cm).
- Mark the rectangle into even crackers. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture begins to turn golden.
- Turn off the oven and allow them to dry out further for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional information per cracker Calories 129kcal, fat 8.9g, saturates 1.1g, carbohydrates 5.3g, sugars 1.1g, fibre 3.4g, protein 5.1g, salt 0.1g
Alver Golden Chlorella Microalgae Vegan Protein