- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total duration: 50 minutes
Chapati bread comes from India. It is traditionally made without leaven. Very simple to make! All you need is flour, water and salt. This bread is a perfect sidedish for Indian dal, curries made from legumes.
- 250 grams of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon Alver Golden Bean
- Lukewarm water
- On a flat surface, sift the flour
- Add salt, Golden Bean powder and water
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a clean, dry towel for two hours
- Divide the dough into eight parts, form them into a ball shape
- Flatten each ball to make a disc. 15 cm in diameter and 3 mm thick
- In a skillet (cast iron if possible) sprinkle with flour and heat up
- Put one disc of dough at a time, if you have hot plates with flames, you can pass the bread over the flames to inflate it
- Bake for 1 minute on each side, check that each side forms brown spots or blisters
- Then take the bread from the skillet
- Serve hot
Add 1-2 teaspoons of Golden Bean to your chapati dough to provide the necessary vegetable proteins, vitamins and minerals. This subtlety will not change the taste or the color of your menu with the fragrant flavors of India. A true delight !
With Golden Bean you feel full longer for longer and do not crave snacks between meals. It is rich in zinc and calcium. Zinc improves the immune system and calcium strengthens the bones. Cooking with our protein powders procures a sense of satiation with out weighing you down. You can also accompany your chapati bread with our finished protein-rich products: tomato or curry soup. This is makes for a nourishing, light lunch!
Bon appétit !