Citrus Immune Boosting Bliss Balls
Want to perk up flagging energy levels, support your immune system and aid recovery after a workout? Try these immune boosting bliss balls. The combination of golden chlorella, goji berries and orange gives these bites a wonderful vibrant colour while helping to lower inflammation in the body and support overall immune health. A perfect energising snack.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 25 Citrus Immune Boosting Bliss Balls:
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 30g golden chlorella
- 2tbsp xylitol
- 1tbsp lucuma powder
- 50g cashew nuts
- 50g gluten free oats
- 1tsp maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 65g cashew nut butter or other nut butter
- 1 small orange peeled
- zest of 1 orange
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 30g rice puffs or quinoa puffs
- 40g goji berries
- Additional desiccated coconut with 1tsp golden chlorella for rolling.
- Place the coconut, chlorella, xylitol, lucuma, nuts and oats in a food processor and blend until the nuts are fine.
- Add the maple syrup, salt, nut butter, orange, orange zest, vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Add the puffs and goji berries and process briefly keeping some texture.
- Take out spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Roll in the coconut. Place on a tray or plate. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up before eating.
- These will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week or can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Nutritional information per bliss ball
Calories 68kcal, fat 3.5g, saturates 1.1g, carbohydrates 6.3g, sugars 2g, fibre 0.8g, protein 2.4g, salt 0g