This healthy protein hummus is packed with beta-carotene and Golden Chlorella for a light, protein enriched, spiced dip. The seasoning here is a guideline, the best is to taste and adapt to your preference. It’s a perfect dip to serve with vegetables and crackers to guests. We also like to keep a jar of it to add it to salads, or on a slice of whole wheat bread for a nourishing snack!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Healthy Protein Hummus:
- 300g carrots, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2tbsp Golden Chlorella
- 1tsp harissa paste
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas mark 6. Toss the carrots with the olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Bake the carrots for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and soft. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Place the carrots and the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Blend to form a a smooth puree. Season to taste.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with crackers and vegetable sticks
Nutritional information per serving Calories 149kcal, fat 6.8g, saturates 1g, carbohydrates 11.9g, sugars 4.9g, fibre 4.9g, protein 7.7g, salt 0.5g
This recipe was developed with Christine Bailey an award winning Nutritional Therapist, Chef, Author and Broadcaster with over 18 years of experience.