Starting the weekend right, with a delicious taste of freshly baked bread – crunchy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside.
or why not also the week day, because every day can be special if you make it 🙂
When we think bread, normally we think carbs. But not with us: Get yourself creative in the kitchen and try this high protein bread. Giving you a good blend of carbs and protein, with all the goodness and yumminess of the seeds and walnuts.
An excellent start your day nourished the right way, and staying satiated for longer thanks to the high protein content.
- 30g Alver Golden Bean or Golden Pea protein powder
- 270g Flour (for example, whole grain)
- 150g oat flakes
- 120g seeds (for example, sunflower seeds and flax seeds)
- 50g chopped walnuts (keep 10g for decoration)
- 1 table spoon Baking powder
- 1 table spoon sea salt
- 400ml warm water (boil and let cool for a bit)
- 1 package dried yeast (usually 7-9g)
- 80ml plant milk
- 1 table spoon dates sirup
- 2 table spoons apple cider vinegar
- Pour the warm water into a bowl and mix with dried yeast. Let rest for a bit
- Take all dry ingredients and mix them in a second bowl
- Go back to the first bowl with the water/yeast mix and add the rest of the wet ingredients until blended well
- Pour the mix into the dry ingredients bowl and stir until smooth, dough-like consistency. It will be more liquid than a typical dough so no need to knead it as it also won’t need time to rest!
- Pour the mixture directly into a cake mold (or small cupcake molds) , smooth the surface.
- Add walnuts and oatflakes on top as decoration
- Bake for ca. 50 Min. in oven: Top- and bottom heat, 200C and place it in the middle of the oven. Oven should not be pre-heated!
Can be kept fresh for 3+ days if stored well.
Serve with your favourite creamy bread spread, veggies, sprouts, hummus or whatever you enjoy.
Picture & recipe: @lajeanettem for Alver