Gazpacho is dish that originated in the south of Spain, in Andalusia, and the Algarve region of Portugal. It is a cold soup that is made from raw vegetables. Light and refreshing, it makes for a great lunch or a starter to a Mediterranean meal.
These are the ingredients you need to make this Mediterranean classic:
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon Alver Golden Chlorella Easy Protein
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Your Ingredients: Quarter the tomatoes and remove the stems. Peel and roughly chop the cucumber, shallots, and garlic.
- Combine the Tomatoes and Alver Golden Chlorella Vegan Protein: Put all the tomato pieces and Easy Protein into a food processor or blender.
- Make the Gazpacho: Add the cucumber, shallots, garlic, vinegar, and a half teaspoon of salt.
- Process continuously until the ingredients are liquified. A food processor will make gazpacho with more texture; a blender will make the gazpacho smoother.
- Blend in the Olive Oil: With the blender running, stream in the olive oil. This helps it emulsify more evenly into the soup.
- Taste and Adjust Seasonings: Taste the soup. Add salt or vinegar to taste. If you’ would like it thinner, blend in a little water.
- Chill the Soup: Transfer the soup to a storage container and refrigerate until chilled.
Note: This soup often tastes better the second day after the flavors have had time to fully develop and settle. Serve the soup garnished with basil leaves.
Did you know?
Golden Chlorella can perfectly support a purely plant-based diet! The healthy super protein from microalgae is nutritious and cleansing at the same time.
Vegan, sustainable, 100% natural, gluten- and lactose-free, rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, while neutral in taste and odour, Golden Chlorella is a Swiss innovation in the food industry. It is full of healthy lipids and fibers, contains no allergens and is not genetically modified.
Since Golden Chlorella has neither the color nor the taste of algae, it is ideal as an ingredient for cooking, baking and mixing. Whether sweet or salty, cold or warm, Golden Chlorella can be easily mixed into sauces, soups, dressings, juices and smoothies. This way, every dish becomes more nutritious and fortified with vegan protein.
Versatile and easy to add to any food without affecting consumer eating and cooking habits, this unique product represents the transition from microalgae as a dietary supplement to an easy-to-use everyday ingredient. A future source of protein, that cleanses the body from pollutants and helps preserve our planet.