- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total duration: 50 minutes
Discover this magnificent traditional Indian dish made from spinach and tofu paneer. Traditionally, paneer is a cheese made from buffalo milk. It is frequently used in Indian cuisine and gives a tangy subtlety to the creamy curry. In the vegan version, you can replace the cheese with tofu.
Garam masala is a mixture of powdered Indian spices. It can be composed of cumin, ginger, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cloves, pepper, oregano, nutmeg.
Palak Tofu is considered a sauce that can be ideally accompanied with rice.
- 500g fresh spinach (sorted and washed)
- 200g lactofermented or firm tofu (cut into cubes)
- 4 tablespoons soy cream
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 teaspoon Alver Golden Bean
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 onions
- Fresh ginger
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water 2-3 minutes
- Rinse under cold water to maintain the green color
- Pass the spinach, tomato, ginger, 2 cloves of garlic and 5 cl of water in a blender
- Fry the rest of the garlic and onion in a large, hot, oiled pan until golden brown
- Add the spinach mixture and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring often
- Add, spices, garam masala, Golden Bean, turmeric, salt and soy cream
- Gently fold the tofu cubes into the mixture and cook for 5 minutes
- Pour the lemon juice and mix
- Serve hot with rice
Add 1-2 spoons of Alver Golden Bean and you will feel full for longer. Golden Bean helps stay clear of snacks between meals. Rich in zinc, it supports the immune system and the calcium it contains strengthens the bones. Enjoy!