A low sugar sweet cracker that makes a healthy alternative to regular biscuits. The addition of ground cinnamon helps balance blood sugar and the oats and Alver Golden Chlorella, Golden Pea or Golden Bean plant proteins provide plenty of fibre, nutrients, and vitamins!
- Makes 15 crackers
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 50g gluten free oats
- 80g gluten free plain flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 30g xylitol
- 30g Alver Vegan Protein
- 1tbsp ground psyllium
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp water
- Almond milk and a little xylitol to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C, gas mark 6.
- Put the oats, flour, salt, Alver Vegan Protein, psyllium, cinnamon and xylitol in a food processor and process until the oats are ground.
- Add the melted oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and water and process until the mixture comes together.
- Add a little extra water if needed to form a soft dough.
- Place the dough on baking parchment paper and lay another piece of parchment on top.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to 1-2cm thickness. Cut into shapes.
- Re-roll the remaining dough and cut out more cookies. Place the cookies on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the cookies with a little almond milk and scatter over a little xylitol.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly then place on a wire rack until completely cold.
Nutritional information per cracker Calories 93kcal, fat 4.9g, saturates 3.6g, carbohydrates 9.4g, sugars 0.8g, fibre 0.9g, protein 2.3g, salt 0.1g.