The mung bean is green as such but when germinating, it develops a crisp yellow sprout that is fantastic for adding to salads. What is great with mung bean is that we can enjoy it all year round and in different ways. Once the bean has sprouted, we can we can eat it raw or cooked in curries, stews and sauces.
Preparation of mung bean sprouts
- Soak the beans overnight in a large bowl of water
- Drain and rinse
- Put the beans on a tray with a damp cloth over them
- Place in the dark
- Water the seeds 3 x times a day
- After 5/6 days your bean sprouts are ready to use
You can prepare a multitude of sweet or savory salads mixing fruits (orange, apple, mango), vegetables (Chinese cabbage leeks, carrots), herbs (parsley, coriander, mint), adding dressings with lemon juice, soy, and sprinkle them with roasted peanuts, pumpkin or sesame seeds.
Below we listed some nourishing and refreshing recipes with raw mung bean sprouts.
Mung Bean and Carrot Salad: 2 variations
- 3 handfuls of mung bean sprouts
- 2 grated carrots
- 4 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable cream
- 1 teaspoon Alver Golden Bean
- Salt and pepper
- Mix carrots and bean sprouts
- Emulsify oil, soy sauce, and Golden Bean until creamy
- Pour the vinaigrette sauce over the carrots and bean sprouts
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add chopped parsley
- Toss salad
You can also let yourself be tempted version 2 of this crunchy combo:
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 handful mung bean sprouts
- 1 handful of coarsely chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Golden Bean
- 1 teaspoon of Xylitol
- In a salad bowl, add the soy, oil, vinegar, Golden Bean, sugar and the desired amount of chives.
- Mix these ingredients together to create a sauce.
- Add the grated carrot and mung bean sprouts.
- Mix and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
About Alver Golden Bean
Alver specializes in the production of vegan foods that are high in protein. We offer finished products such as pasta, soups, sauces, bars, and also powders, one of which is Golden Bean, our mung bean protein. Rich in fiber, potassium, magnesium, amino acids, and neutral in taste, Golden Bean can be added to any food. It is a perfect ingredient for cooking, roasting, mixing, and shaking at home as well as in the food industry.
Alver products support vegans in their daily diets and help people who are vegan curious to discover how interesting, varied, nutritious and tasty a 100% plantbased cuisine can be. Golden Bean is a great food for everyday use. Rich in zinc and calcium, it supports the immune system and strengthens the bones. Adding Golden Bean to your main meals also allows you to feel fuller for longer and helps avoid snacking.