Carrot & Courgette Noodles with a Citrus Caper Cream
A low carb, colourful vegan protein salad salad coated with a delicious tangy creamy sauce. You can prepare this in advance which helps the flavours to develop and soften the noodles. A lovely light salad option but you could also serve this as a side salad to accompany other dishes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Carrot & Courgette Noodles with a Citrus Caper Cream:
- 2 courgettes spiralized
- 2 carrot spiralized
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- handful of torn basil leaves
- 2tbsp capers rinsed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 shallot finely chopped
- 3tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp orange juice
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2tbsp golden chlorella
- 150g dairy free plain yogurt
- First make the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Chill until required.
- Using a spiraliser make noodles from the courgettes and carrots. Place in a large bowl and toss in the tomatoes and spinach. Pour over the dressing and toss well until thoroughly coated. Season with salt and black pepper. Toss in a few torn basil leaves and serve.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 121kcal, fat 4.7g, saturates 0.8g, carbohydrates 9.2g, sugars 7.5g, fibre 4.1g, protein 8.4g, salt 0.9g
Developed by Christine Bailey, an award winning Nutritionist, Chef and Author with over 18 years of experience.